- Options & Settings
- How to Subscribe
- Prepaid Subscriptions (Purchase / Redeem)
- Logging in
- Paper Subscriptions
- Institutional / Reading Room Subscriptions
Options & Settings
What information is included in “My account”? Can I change it?
- The “My account” page shows your profile details (name, site nickname, preferred language), and your login credentials (email address and password). It also includes the ability to manage your payments, bookmarks, and email notifications.
- Change profile: You can change your profile details by clicking the “Edit Your Profile” button. Your profile includes your First Name, Last Name, Preferred Language, and Nickname (to be displayed in place of full name when adding comments to the site).
- Change email address: You can edit your email address by clicking the link that says “Edit email”, or by clicking the button that says “Change Your Email Address” in the right-hand sidebar.
- Change password: You can edit your password by clicking the link that says “Edit password”, or by clicking the button that says “Change Your Password” in the right-hand sidebar. Passwords are case sensitive and must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Change payment information: You can update your billing information, renew, or cancel by clicking “Manage Your JSH-Online Subscription” in the right-hand sidebar.
- Change email notifications: click the “Manage Email Notifications” button in the right-hand sidebar. On the next page, you can opt-in or opt-out of any email newsletters or "follow" or "unfollow" any of the content email notifications for new blogs or audio podcasts. Your changes are saved automatically.
What if I can’t remember my password?
- If you have forgotten your password click the “Forgot your password?” link on the Login page and enter the email address associated with your account.
- A verification link will be emailed to you. Clicking the link will take you to a page where you can reset your password. If you are having difficulty and request the “forgot password” email repeatedly, please keep in mind that only the most recent reset password verification link will be valid.
- If you still cannot log in, please contact us for assistance.
How do I cancel?
- Click on the "Manage Your JSH-Online Subscription" option and then use the cancel feature in the right-hand column. For assistance, please contact us.
How do I renew my JSH-Online subscription?
- If your subscription has been cancelled, or did not renew automatically, you can renew it by logging in and accessing “my account”.
- On the “my account” screen you can use the “Subscribe” option or the “Manage your subscription” option to renew. On the “Manage your subscription” pages you will find renewal options at the bottom and to the right.
- Also, while logged in, when you try to view subscriber only content you will be prompted to reactivate your subscription. Select the “Reactivate Subscription” option and follow either the “Subscribe” or “Manage your subscription” prompts.
- Finally, you can also purchase and redeem a prepaid subscription code to continue your access. Visit the CSPS Shop to purchase a physical or electronic code. Codes can be redeemed by accessing “my account” and selecting the “Redeem a Prepaid Subscription” option.
How to Subscribe
How do I subscribe?
- On the homepage and at the top of any JSH-Online page, click "subscribe" in the upper right corner. You will need an email address, and credit card or Prepaid Subscription card to complete the process.
- Or go to https://jsh.christianscience.com/subscribe
When I subscribe, how soon do I get access?
- Immediately. If there is any delay, please contact customer service.
Is billing for JSH-Online every four weeks or monthly?
- You will be billed each month on or around the same day as your subscription started.
Can I give a gift subscription?
- Yes. JSH-Online has Prepaid Subscription Cards available (physical and electronic). To give one as a gift, visit the CSPS Shop. Please read about Prepaid Subscriptions for more information.
Is there a way to subscribe to a single periodical online rather than all of them?
- No. JSH-Online gives you access to The Christian Science Journal, The Christian Science Sentinel, and all 14 language editions of The Herald of Christian Science. Individual subscriptions are only available in print.
Can Christian Science Reading Rooms subscribe to JSH-Online?
- Yes. A special subscription is available for institutions and Reading Rooms. Go to http://jsh.christianscience.com/rr-subscribe for more information.
Can I access the Bible Lesson in a JSH-Online subscription?
- Yes. eBibleLesson Express is a feature of JSH-Online. It provides access to the current lesson and a streaming audio loop. This widget is only available to subscribers and does not have all the features of the Digital Edition of the Christian Science Quarterly. For more details on the differences between a subscription to the Digital Edition and eBibleLesson Express, visit http://jsh.christianscience.com/ebiblelesson-express.
Is the Digital Edition of the Christian Science Quarterly included in a JSH-Online subscription?
- No. The Digital Edition of the Christian Science Quarterly is a separate online subscription. For more information, visit http://biblelesson.com
Can I put my subscription on hold?
- No. This is not currently possible.
- However, you may cancel at any time and resubscribe at a later date.
Can I share my subscription with someone else?
- No. JSH-Online is an individual subscription only.
- It is an alternative way to purchase a JSH-Online subscription.
- Prepaid Subscriptions are available in 3, 6, and 12-month terms, and can be purchased as an electronic code delivered by email, or as a physical card.
- Many Reading Rooms also offer the physical Prepaid Subscription cards for sale if you prefer to pay by cash rather than by credit card online.
Where can I purchase a Prepaid Subscription?
- You can purchase a Prepaid Subscription at a Christian Science Reading Room or online at https://shop.christianscience.com
What is the difference between a Prepaid Subscription Card and Code?
- The Prepaid Subscription Card is a physical card that can be purchased in a Reading Room or online. The back of the card includes a scratch-off area that reveals the redemption Code.
- A Prepaid Subscription E-Delivery Code is an email version of the card. It is only available for purchase online and is emailed immediately to the recipient at the time of purchase. A redemption code is included in the email.
Will these Prepaid Subscription Cards and Codes ever expire?
- No, the cards or codes do not have an expiration date. Unused Prepaid Subscription Cards can be redeemed anytime, for the term of the Card.
- The Cards can be purchased in the same way other products are purchased by phone or via the Reading Room wholesale shop.
How do I redeem a Prepaid Subscription Code?
- To read step-by-step instructions, visit http://jsh.christianscience.com/redeem for a walkthrough of how to activate your subscription with a Prepaid Subscription Card.
Who can redeem a Prepaid Subscription Code?
- New and current subscribers are eligible to redeem Prepaid Subscription Codes
- Prepaid Subscription Codes can only be redeemed once.
- New subscribers will have access to JSH-Online for the duration of their prepaid subscription (e.g. 3, 6, or 12 months).
- For current subscribers, auto-renew payments are put on hold for the duration of the Prepaid Subscription.
Do I need to create a second JSH-Online account to redeem a Code if I already subscribe?
- No, if you already subscribe, you can apply the Prepaid Subscription to your current account by logging in, navigating to “my account” and using the “Redeem a Prepaid Subscription” option.
- For step by step instructions, visit http://jsh.christianscience.com/redeem
Is my access limited in any way if I use a Prepaid Subscription Code?
For complete details, see the Prepaid Subscription Terms of Service
How do I log in?
- If you are a JSH-Online subscriber, you must log in to access all of the content and features the site offers. In the upper right-hand corner of each page you will find a Log in prompt if you are not yet logged in.
- If you are logged in, you will see a “Log out” option.
- You will also be prompted to log in if attempting to access subscriber only content and features while logged out.
- Once prompted or after selecting the “Log in” option, enter your email address and password for the site, and then click “Log in”. Please note that password is case sensitive.
- If the email address you entered is incorrect, please check that there are no typos in the address you entered and confirm that you did not register with an alternate email address.
- If the password you entered is incorrect, please remember that passwords are case sensitive. Please also check that there are no typos in the password you entered. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to reset it and create a new one.
- Enabling “cookies” is required in order to log in. If you have cookies disabled, follow these instructions on how to enable cookies in your browser.
- If you are having continued difficulty logging in, please contact customer service.
How can I stay logged in and be “remembered” when I come back to the site?
- When you log in to JSH-Online, you will notice that the “Remember me” or "Keep me logged in on this computer" option is selected by default. If you keep this box checked, you will stay logged in for 90 days on that specific browser and computer.
- Each time you visit the site within the 90 day window, the “remember me” period will be extended out 90 days from the current date. If you do not visit the site within the 90 day window, you will no longer be “remembered” and will need to log back in upon returning to the site.
- You can still log out any time before the 90 days are up by selecting “log out” in the upper right-hand corner of any site page. You will also be logged out if you clear browser cookies.
- For the “remember me” feature to work, you’ll also need to make sure that “private browsing” or “incognito mode” is not enabled. Learn how to turn off “private browsing” in Safari.
- To manage any of your print subscriptions, please visit www.CSsubscribers.com.
Institutional / Reading Room Subscriptions
Can Christian Science Reading Rooms subscribe to JSH-Online?
- Yes. A special subscription is available for public access computers such as in Reading Rooms. Click here for more information about this type of subscription and to find a link to subscribe.
What do we need to do in order to start a Reading Room subscription to JSH-Online?
- You will need an e-mail address and credit card to start your subscription.
May we offer access to JSH-Online for our Reading Room visitors?
- Yes. The Reading Room subscription allows for use on up to two computers intended for public access.
May we share our password with our visitors?
- No. Reading Rooms may not share their passwords with visitors.
May we charge visitors for access to the computer?
- Yes. Reading Rooms may set their own price if they choose to charge a customer for using the computer.
May we print article content from the site to sell in our Reading Room?
- Yes. Reading Rooms may set their own price for single articles printed and sold from the site. They may decide to charge users for printing articles from JSH-Online, like charging someone to make copies on the Reading Room copier.
May we download audio from the site and burn it to a disc to share freely or resell?
- No. At this point in time, we request that Reading Rooms only use the streaming audio function for their visitors, or use the e-mail sharing function to send them a link so that they can listen to streaming audio content on their own. Reading Rooms may download audio from the site, but only for their own internal use.
Will Reading Room visitors be able to share articles by email, facebook, or twitter?
- Yes. The Reading Room subscription does allow visitors to use the sharing feature to share links to articles and other content. Users can use their own e-mail address as the sender.
Will Reading Room visitors be able to post comments or keywords from our JSH-Online account?
No. The Reading Room subscription does not allow users to post comments or keywords.
Will Reading Rooms still be able to buy the print “Bound Volumes” of the periodicals?
- Yes. The print bound volumes will still be available for purchase from The Christian Science Publishing Society.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions on how to order.
Can individuals subscribe to JSH-Online on behalf of a Reading Room?
- Yes. An individual will be able to use his or her own credit card to pay for a Reading Room subscription at the Reading Room subscription rate on behalf of a Reading Room
May our Reading Room add a link to JSH-online.com on our website?
- Yes. There is a "Link to us" page on the site with guidance and instructions.